With a branch network of more than 12,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada and nearly 7 million clients worldwide, Edward Jones knows a thing or two about providing high-quality customer service.
The full-service financial brokerage firm, which is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, has steadily increased its workforce of financial advisors to keep up with customer demand. The firm hopes to have 20,000 financial advisors on board by 2020. Given its current growth—and plans for future expansion—the firm wanted to ensure its world-class service continues to exceed customers’ expectations. Armed with Lean Six Sigma tactics and the statistical tools in Minitab, the business process improvement team at Edward Jones set out to assess how the firm could continue to meet its high customer service standards in the midst of increasing service demands.
- Full-service financial brokerage firm
- Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri
- Staffed by more than 11,000 financial advisors located in more than 10,000 offices around the U.S. and Canada
- Founded in 1922
Continue to meet high customer service standards in the midst of increasing service demands.
Minitab® Statistical Software
- Found that cross-training customer service employees on all subject areas was not as effective as training employees to be subject-matter experts in specific areas
- Increased the capacity of the current team by more than 10 percent
- Improved call-center metrics, such as average handling time, average speed to answer, and the time it takes employees to complete after-call work