- New Features & Enhancements
- Full Update Notes
- Get the Update
Feature Addition: Pause, cancel, and resume workflow projects
Projects can be difficult, complex, and expensive, and sometimes, priorities and resources change. Now, Minitab Engage allows you to pause, cancel, and resume workflow projects, with full dashboard integration and data collection, so you can accurately track the projects affected by these business decisions. To start using this new feature, have a data architect create and publish a sandbox for the latest updates.
Minitab Engage 6.3 includes the following new features.
Feature Addition: Task Reports for Additional Insight
Empowers users to create and view reports based on tasks. Task reports are a new type of report that makes tasks the focus on the dashboard.
Now users can have full visibility into their tasks across the organization on the dashboard, without the need to open a single project. Task reports can be created to see which high-priority tasks are overdue or unassigned. Improved filtering capabilities allow for quick view of tasks that need attention. When a user creates a new task report, they can make it public or private, depending on their user role, then edit the summaries, filters, and column sets just like they would for a project report.
New Feature: Engage Now available in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese
New customers can choose to set up an Engage subscription in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Portuguese.
New Feature: Save Dashboard Reports
Users can now easily save their dashboard reports.
When users want to archive or share a dashboard report, they can select Actions > Print as PDF. Engage uses your browser's print options to save the report as a PDF.
Minitab Engage 6.2 includes the following new feature.
New Feature Addition: Engage Now available in French, German, and Spanish
New customers can choose to set up an Engage subscription in French, German, or Spanish.
Minitab Engage 6.1 includes the following new features.
New Feature: Email Notifications
Easily set up email notifications for tasks.
Now, data architects can set up email notifications to alert task assignees and project owners when task due dates are approaching or past due. Users can also notify task assignees and project owners when a task has been assigned or reassigned.
New Feature: Customizable Workflow Page
Users can get deeper insights into important metrics by customizing the Workflow page.
Data architects can customize the Workflow page to highlight the metrics that matter to their organization. Now everyone, including idea submitters, can have high-level insight into their improvement initiatives on the Workflow
New Feature: Versatile and Flexible Mind Maps
Quickly organize ideas to get a big picture view.
Mind maps radiate ideas from a central topic to promote the flow of ideas, creative thinking, and better comprehension of the topic. With Engage, users can quickly insert ideas directly on the map or in the brainstorm list, then drag, drop, and arrange these ideas to reveal connections they might not have noticed before.
New Feature: Workflow Page
Get at-a-glance insight into initiatives with the Workflow page.
Users will immediately see the Workflow page so they can easily see the impact of their organization's initiatives and quickly create new ideas.
New Feature: Seamless Idea Submissions
Conveniently submit ideas anytime, anywhere.
Now, anyone with an Engage subscription can submit ideas in the web app, without having the desktop app installed. With the new online idea form add-on, users can add idea submitters to their subscription so they can gather valuable ideas for improvement or innovation from everyone across the organization. Then, steering committee members can review ideas and funnel the best ones to project leaders to implement.
New Feature: API Tokens
Access data through API.
Now, data architects can create API tokens so they can include Engage data in external business intelligence systems and applications for a consolidated view of their organization's status.
Release Date: 25 October 2023
New Features in Engage 6.4.0
- Pause, cancel, and resume workflow projects - Projects can be difficult, complex, and expensive, and sometimes, priorities and resources change. Now, Minitab Engage allows you to pause, cancel, and resume workflow projects, with full dashboard integration and data collection, so you can accurately track the projects affected by these business decisions. To start using this new feature, have a data architect create and publish a sandbox for the latest updates.
Problems Resolved in Engage 6.4.0
The following issues are resolved in Minitab Engage 6.4.
- Export to PDF prompts an error message or crashes the application. (185680)
- When signing in to the desktop, sometimes the Email address field is invisible, does not accept text, or "blinks" when clicked. (186287)
- Text is unreadable in the Simulations dialog box. (186259)
- The Submit/Review button in the desktop app (with workflow on) must have an access key assigned to it. (179375)
- A project does not open in the desktop app and it becomes corrupt after a sandbox is published. (186483)
- In a column set row of a Task report, viewing data in a Memo field from a single-value category might result in an error.
- The file name is missing from the single project view on the Workflow page.
- Project owners and review board members who have an approving role are not sent notification emails when a project is rejected.
- In the German translation, the last phase in the Basic Project template has an inconsistent translation.
- The sign-in window might not respond and cause the application to crash on opening.
Release Date: April 6 2023
New Release of Engage 6.3.2
- Minitab Engage 6.3.2 provides important bug fixes.
Problems Resolved in Engage 6.3.2
- Formulas in multi-value categories that reference a data field rather than a control may not sort correctly. (185946 and 185794)
- Updating Map Data in a localized value stream map causes the Takt Time box to display in English. (192504)
- In the Solution Desirability Matrix, the % of Total column does not sort correctly. (192636)
- In the formula builder dialog, the helper text for the Payment (PMT) function is not translated. (186522)
- If text is copied into a data table with Tab spacing, it causes a crash. (183325)
- User role information that is locked by Workflow can be overwritten in a data table that is shared to Team Members. (184921)
- When using Save As, the existing project name prepopulates the dialog, but it does not overwrite the existing project. (183234)
- The Autosave description is incorrect. (179285)
- In the Chinese version, the Keyword Search report has two exclamation points. (188471)
- In the Korean version, Step 5 of the Summary editor has an inconsistent user interface issue. (182926)
- In the French version, the translations for project phases in templates and workflow do not match those in the Basic Project template. (185744)
- In the French version, the translations for project phases in templates and workflow do not match those in the CDOV Project template. (185740)
- In the French version, the translations for project phases in templates and workflow do not match those in the PDCA Project template. (185742)
- In the French version, the term for “Project Identifier” has a typo. (185738)
- An error prevents users from publishing or discarding the sandbox. (185539)
- In the French version, “PDCA - Do” and “PDCA - Act” are translated incorrectly. (185358)
- Reports without summaries contain unnecessary page breaks in PDF format. (188543)
- In the project repository, for files in Trash, View Properties is missing labels for “Deleted” or “Deleted By”. (185657)
- In the online idea form, when using the Save button to enter a new idea name, the idea name appears in the form’s header, but not in the Project Idea Name on the form. (119622)
- In the Japanese version, a Unicode character appears in the progress bar. (187821)
- When editing a list field data definition, the delete button for an option is hidden if the dialog has a scroll bar. (185459)
- In all language versions, Project Today must be updated in the PPAP Project template and any Custom Project templates. (190905)
- In Project Data Display, all ideas and projects that have workflow-linked fields incorrectly show the history icon and a history window with values. (182569)
- Changing the routing field changes the previous field’s value to the default for completed projects. (183353)
- In the Spanish version, the Kaizen Preparation Checklist has an incorrect translation. (181855)
- Permissions are not updated immediately after publishing or creating a sandbox. (182006)
- In the Spanish version, “Kickoff” is translated incorrectly. (185818)
- In the Spanish version, “Control” is translated incorrectly. (185836)
- In the Spanish version, the Project Charter is missing a space in the Control label. (185834)
- Due to the number of days in a leap year, an error occurs when creating a new API token. (206904)
Release Date: 14 June 2022
New Features in Engage 6.3.0
- Task reports empower users to create and view reports based on tasks. Task reports are a new type of report that makes tasks the focus on the dashboard.
- Save dashboards allow ssers to easily save their dashboard reports.
- Minitab Engage is now available in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese. This release allows users to switch the desktop and web applications to Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. While most of Engage is translated, data fields and templates remain in English for existing subscriptions.
Problems Resolved in Engage 6.3.0
- The Partial Sum (PARS) and Partial Product (PARP) functions are evaluated based on insert order instead of the order in the table. (165258)
- Date and numeric formatting are not localized in subset details of the dashboard in the web app. (172579)
- The TRIZ (Technical Contradictions Matrix) form produces incorrect results due to missing spaces and commas in table values. (177967)
Release Date: 31 March 2022
New Features Engage 6.2.0
- This release allows users to switch the desktop and web applications to Spanish, French, or German. While most of Engage is translated, data fields and templates remain in English for existing subscriptions.
Problems Resolved in Engage 6.2.0
- Users who check “Keep me signed in” cannot sign into the desktop app until they delete the localdata.xml file. (185128)
- Report description is not displayed on the dashboard. (182644)
Release Date: 10 February 2022
What's New in Engage 6.1.1
This release offers the following new features:
Mind Maps - Use a mind map to visually organize related ideas and concepts. Mind maps help you brainstorm ideas quickly and creatively, so you can think about things in new and different ways.
Financial Data Forms – The Financial Data and Financial Data Monthly Data Entry forms now include Gross and Net Savings and Implementation Costs fields.
With this release, when you sign in to Engage, you will immediately see the Workflow page so you can easily see the impact of your organization's initiatives and quickly create new ideas. In addition, the Workflow page now provides at-a-glance summaries that showing new ideas submitted this year, current active projects, and projects completed this year.
Optional Idea Form Add-On – Now, anyone in your subscription can submit ideas in the web app without having the desktop app installed. With the new online idea form add-on, you can add idea submitters to your subscription so you can gather valuable ideas for improvement or innovation from everyone in your organization.
Problems Resolved in Engage 6.1.1
- The application crashes when the user does not have permission to the location where the dictionary file is located. (183111)
- Moving an Optional Section in Design mode may cause the application to crash. (183310)
- In some cases, pasting a brainstorm tool into a Rich Text Box may cause the application to crash. (182792)
- Importing a Monte Carlo Simulation with comma decimal symbols will fail. (180319)
- Projects that are closed on a laptop when the laptop is not connected to the internet might remain checked out if the laptop goes to sleep. (180859)
- Pasting a phase from a project with a Roadmap into a project without a Roadmap causes the application to crash. (182429)