Effective Date: June 13, 2023
This section supplements the information contained in this Privacy Notice, and applies solely to visitors, users and others who reside in the State of California (“Consumers” or “You”). We adopt this notice in this section to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as updated by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2023 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Site and Our Services collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, the Site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers in the last twelve (12) months. We obtain the categories of personal information listed below through the methods and from the sources described in the Personal Data We Collect section of the Privacy Notice.
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Biometric information.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data.
|Physical location or movements.
|H. Sensory data.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|I. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information We collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site and Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure Your account with Us.
- To provide You with support and to respond to Your inquiries, including to investigate and address Your concerns and monitor and improve Our responses.
- To personalize Your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to Your interests, including offers and ads through Our Site, third-party sites, and via email (with Your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Our Site, Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve Our Site and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to You when collecting Your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about Our users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information We collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
3. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When We disclose personal information for a business purpose, We enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We disclose Your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Channel Partners
- Service providers (including payment processors and partners)
- Analytics Providers
- Ad servers
In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties listed above:
- California Customer Records personal information categories
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have not sold personal information, including of any consumer we know to be under 16 years of age.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
4.1 Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right
You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to You about Our collection and use of Your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information We collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information We collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom We disclose that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information We collected about You (also called a data portability request).
- If We disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, the business purpose for which personal information was disclosed, and the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If applicable, (1) the categories of personal information We have sold; (2) the categories of personal information that We sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
4.2 Right to Correct
You have the right to request that We correct inaccuracies of or update Your personal information that We maintain. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will correct or update the personal information We have about You accordingly.
4.3 Right to Delete
You have the right to request that We delete any of Your personal information that We collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will delete (and direct Our service providers to delete) Your personal information from Our records, unless an exception applies. Please see section 4.4 below on how to exercise your right to delete.
4.4 Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, correction, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us by either:
- Calling us at +1-800-448-3555
- Visiting www.minitab.com/privacyrequest
- Sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that the request warrants a fee, We will tell You why We made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, We will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, We may offer You certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA permitted financial incentive We offer will reasonably relate to Your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires Your prior opt in consent, which You may revoke at any time.
4.6 Retention of Personal Information
As stated in our general Privacy Notice, Minitab retains personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other business purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
4.7 Contact Information
If You have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which We collect and use Your information described in this Privacy Notice, Your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise Your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact Us at:
Attention: Data Protection Office
1829 Pine Hall Road
State College, PA 16801 USA