Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including without limitation: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the personal information We collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason You provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site and Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure Your account with Us.
- To provide You with support and to respond to Your inquiries, including to investigate and address Your concerns and monitor and improve Our responses.
- To personalize Your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to Your interests, including offers and ads through Our Site, third-party sites, and via email (with Your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of Our Site, Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve Our Site and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to You when collecting Your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about Our users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information We collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
3. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When We disclose personal information for a business purpose, We enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share Your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Channel Partners
- Service providers (including payment processors and partners)
- Analytics Providers
- Ad servers
In the preceding twelve (12) months, We have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
4.1 Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right
You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to You about Our collection and use of Your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will disclose to You:
- The categories of personal information We collected about You.
- The categories of sources for the personal information We collected about You.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information We collected about You (also called a data portability request).
- If We disclosed Your personal information for a business purpose, the business purpose for which personal information was disclosed, and the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If applicable, (1) the categories of personal information We have sold; (2) the categories of personal information that We sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold.
4.2 Right to Delete
You have the right to request that We delete any of Your personal information that We collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request, We will delete (and direct Our service providers to delete) Your personal information from Our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Us or service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which We collected the personal information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of Our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with Us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
4.3 Right to Opt-Out
If You are 16 years of age or older, You have the right to direct Us not to sell Your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers We actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless We receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, You (or Your authorized representative) may submit a request to Us by sending Us an e-mail at email@example.com. Once You make an opt-out request, We will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking You to reauthorize personal information sales. However, You may change Your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by sending Us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
4.4 Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us by either:
Only You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows Us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom We collected personal information or an authorized representative, and describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows Us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if We cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with Us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If We require more time (up to 90 days), We will inform You of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver Our written response electronically. Any disclosures We provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response We provide will also explain the reasons We cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, We will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily useable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that the request warrants a fee, We will tell You why We made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, We will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, We may offer You certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive We offer will reasonably relate to Your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires Your prior opt in consent, which You may revoke at any time.
4.6 Contact Information
Attention: Data Protection Office
1829 Pine Hall Road
State College, PA 16801 USA