Minitab Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: 03/24/2021
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the following online services (the “Services”) offered by Minitab, LLC:
- Minitab® Statistical Software Web App
- Real-Time SPC Powered by Minitab®
- Minitab Engage™
- Quality Trainer by Minitab®
- Minitab Connect®
- Companion by Minitab®
The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version and providing notice as may be required by law. By using the Services, You agree to the latest version of this Policy. If You violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, We may suspend or terminate Your use of the Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that violate any law or regulation, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, Our operations or Our reputation.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is fraudulent, deceptive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data or otherwise jeopardize the security of Your or anyone else’s account,, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, ransomware, or cancelbots.
- Harmful Use. Use that reformats or frames any portion of the webpages that are part of the Services without Our written consent, or decompiles, reverse engineers, decodes or otherwise attempts to derive or obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services or System (unless applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction).
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System or crawl, scrape, index or extract web data from any part of the Services or System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services; or
- remove, disable access to, or limit user resources that violates this Policy or any other agreement We have with You for use of the Services.
We may report any activity that We suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing available information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If You become aware of any violation of this Policy, You will immediately notify Us and provide Us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact Legal@minitab.com.