March 25, 2004
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Minitab Inc. today announced that Minitab Student Release 14 is now available for the leading academic publishers to bundle and distribute with their Fall 2004 textbooks.
Designed primarily for introductory and intermediate statistics courses, Minitab Student 14 is a streamlined and economical version of Minitab Release 14. It includes the same powerful new graphics and ease-of-use features found in the professional version of Minitab, as well as all the statistical methods students need.
"Minitab Student 14 is an outstanding software package and the ideal choice for introductory statistics classes," said John McKenzie, Associate Professor of Math and Science at Babson College. McKenzie, who also co-authored Addison-Wesley's "A Student's Guide to Minitab" with Robert Goldman, Professor of Mathematics at Simmons College, particularly likes that Student 14 is both comprehensive and easy to use. "It offers a complete statistical toolset," he said. "And its new, state-of-the-art graphics and many other enhancements simplify teaching and learning statistics."
Highlights of Minitab Student 14 include:
- A powerful new graphics system designed to help students easily visualize data and understand the art of statistical analysis.
- Comprehensive Help, Tutorials, and, for the first time in Minitab Student, StatGuide™ - a tool that helps students understand their statistical output by offering concise and accessible guidance.
- Project files that keep all the parts of the data analysis session in one file − a great feature that helps busy students stay organized and makes completing homework assignments simple.
- Menus and toolbars that can be customized to meet student needs, and the ability to save settings in profiles that can be used by the entire class.
- More than 250 sample data sets to help students understand the relevance and power of statistics, including nearly 100 diverse, real-world data sets that were chosen specifically for Minitab Student 14.
More information about Minitab Student 14 is available from the Minitab Student Software Homepage.
Academic Purchasing Information
Instructors interested in purchasing Minitab Student 14 should contact their textbook publishing company's representative to see if their favorite textbook is available bundled with the product.
Textbook Bundling Program Information
Publishers interested in bundling Minitab Student 14 with textbooks can access more information by visiting the Minitab Student Text Bundling Homepage.
Minitab has been one of the world's leading developers of statistical analysis and process management software for more than 30 years. Minitab Statistical Software, the company's flagship product, has been used in hundreds of thousands of quality improvement projects in more than 80 countries, and is the package of choice in more than 4,000 colleges and universities worldwide. Thousands of distinguished companies use Minitab to achieve superior quality, including Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Toshiba, 3M, Honeywell International, DuPont and leading Six Sigma consultants.
Minitab Inc., headquartered in State College, PA, operates offices in the United Kingdom and France and has additional distributors throughout the world.
Minitab Contact Information
US Office -- Minitab Inc.
Tel: +1-814-238-3280 ext. 3235
Toll free: +1-800-448-3555 ext. 3235 (US/Canada/Mexico only)
Editorial e-mail: PublicRelations@minitab.com
Looking for other information or materials? For help, please e-mail Minitab's Marketing Department at: PublicRelations@minitab.com